This section will describe how to use the Online editor
The basic idea is that you want a graphical editor to tell your Kheper how to behave according to your scooter motor speed. For the story, in the previous version of Kheper we made (special thanks to Gaetan) a specific software for Mac and PC but this was a endless source of problems as you always need to update and spending most of your time in troubleshooting. The other issue was the mapping on the serial port, it’s a feature that requires the installation of a specific driver that could be challenging for non technical people. So we spent many hours thinking about a universal solution, easy to use, so here what the result:
- Edit the profile using the Online editor
- Click on the download button
- On your Kheper3 position the select wheel on the F position
- Plug your Kheper3 on you computer and it will be seen like a USB storage
- Drag and drop the file on the usb storage from step 2
- Plug and unplug the USB, you now should have a CSV-sucess.txt file on the drive, meaning that your curve are loaded
- Select your custom edited curve by setting the wheel position on 1, 2 or 3, all other prefets are still available for selection refer to how to use presets
Sometime a video worth a thousand words:
16 thoughts on “How to edit a curve?”
Keep this going please, great job!
Informative article, just what I was looking for.
Would be possible to use the “up, down, right, left” keys on the keyboard for editing a curve like in the old version? is much more accurate than the mouse.
Hi Pep! thank you for the suggestion I will add it to the editor (not sure how yet 🙂 )
Good! and start selling the new version!!!
Hi Pep! I’m about to put the new version on the editor online, tell me what you think
I tried it, but is not working fine…sometimes, when I push the “up” key on the screen or the keyboard, the yellow spot moves to the next 200rpm step instead of increasing the advance, sometimes it goes up when I pres “right” or “left”,and so.
A nice improvement would be also being able to see how much you are delaying or advancing when using the keyboard (now , degrees and rpm are only displayed when using the mouse).
And once the curve is ready, would be good having something where downloading it, like a CDI or so…
For the mismatch with the direction you see it is because the arrows are moving the selection, so you need to select 1, 2, or 3 then click on the graph to use the arrows. But I will try to find a workaround.
No,it´s not what you say. After having selected a curve (1,2 or 3) and clicking on the graph its when I noticed the problem I described before.
Once you are on the curve press “up” several times, and then try to move to the next step by pushing “right”. You will see that the point goes up one more time and doesen´t move to the next 200rpm step till you press “up”. A bit confusing…
Ok I see what you mean, this should be fixed now:
Great! you fixed it. Would it be possible to display the degrees and RPM when using this sistem?
Hi, I have 2 questions:
1) after uploading successfully new curves, I noticed that despite the fact that I have given the curves new names, these still appear in the app (phone) as tom1, tom2, tom3. Am I doing something wrong, or is the new name of the curve not showing?
2) When connecting via BT LE, the curve selected via the whel (in my case curve 7, V.Tronic) is shown. as soon as I select a preset 1,2 or 3 on the phone, it switches. That is good. but is there any possibility to jump back to the selection of the selection wheel (in my case 7. V.tronic)?
keep up the good work!! impressive teamwork!
Hi Fab! thanks for your support it is good to hear it. Regarding your questions:
1- Yes I saw that bug too, this is firmware related (the internal Kheper software) so we will post a firmware update this week that should fix it and also enables the revolution limiter. I will let you know here and on Facebook when ready. This took us a lot of time to make the firmware update process, but this is great as it allow us to add nex functions to your Kheper, so let us know if you think about new features to add.
2-The Selection of the curve can be done by the physical Wheel from 0 to E OR by software 1 to 3 (by clicking on the 1,2,3 button, the selection will become highlighted in red. The last change wheel or software selection will be recorded and be used for your next engine starup. Let us know if you would like to have something different.
thanks Olivier, looking forward to test the new firmware!
I was wondering if there will be a lambretta engine selection for custom set ups and will there be new updates to the website or is everything on facebook ? Have been using kepher on my lambretta gp 150 and it has worked great so far 🙂
We are always eager to improve, if you want to share your GP150 setting I can add it to engines preselection in the website. thanks!